Jed and Chloe, in their early 20's, live a very simple life in the city.
They love each other, find happiness in the smallest things and plan to get married. One day the death of Chloe's cat triggers inconsolable sadness and a deep confusion in the meaning of life for both Jed and Chloe. Chloe's tears keep her home but Jed begins a fruitless search for the meaning of life, hoping he can bring back Chloe's smile. Alone at night he sees a tramp Max on TV whom he believes may hold the key. Jed visits him in the city dump. The awkward duo starts a journey that unexpectedly brings newfound hope to both men and Chloe.
- Screenplay of the Year, Edda Awards, Reykjavik, Iceland, 2004
- Nominated for Best Film, Edda Awards, Reykjavik, Iceland, 2004
- Nominated for Crystal Globe, Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, Karlovy Vaary, Czech Republic, 2004
- Karlovy Vary Film Festival (July 2004)
- Toronto Film Festival (Sep 2004)
- Flanders Interantional Film festival (Oct 2004)
- Pusan International Film Festival (Oct 2004)
- Warsaw Film Festival (Oct 2004)
- Cleveland International Film Festival (Mar 2005)
- Seattle Interantional Film Festival (June 2005)